Friday, February 25, 2011

Dating a Woman From China

Chinese girls are some of the most beautiful women in the world. They are petite, healthy, honest and have values that men from around the world want in a wife. Here are a few tips when dating a woman from China.

1) Ask a lot of questions After you have met your online love it's important to ask lots of questions to get to know her better. She will appreciate your questions because you are showing an interest in her and her life. How many brothers or sisters does she have? Do they get along well? This may give you a clue to what her likes and dislikes are without asking her directly. Tell her about your daily routine so she can get a feel for what life may be like when you get together.

2) Make time for her schedule Remember that in North America there is 12 hours difference from your time to hers. It is a good idea to plan the best time to call so you are not calling to early in the morning. I had the habit of doing this and my wife is not a morning person. I did adjust my routine so that she was considered. When I first met Yuxia, she was working 2 jobs so it was tough to get her at home.

3) Vary the type of communication Make things interesting by using different types of communication. In the beginning of our relationship, Meimei and I used to email each other a lot. I found out later that she was actually paying a translator to translate our emails at $10.00 per email. I was emailing her every day. So she was investing $300 a month to talk to me those first few months. After I went to meet her in July of 2006, we started talking on Yahoo Messenger with web cam and voice. That was nice to actually see her. I was able to teach her English this way too. It's also cheaper because all you need is an internet connection and a computer. Also don't forget to include a hand written letter. You'll need it when she goes for her visa interview. Save all communication too for proof of relationship.

4) About sending gifts on special occasions A good idea is to do some research and find out about the holidays in China. Send her some gifts on her special days and she will remember it forever. Some important holidays are Chinese New Year, Spring Festival, Mid Autumn Festival. I sent my Meimei flowers on Valentines Day. No one ever sent her flowers before.

She later thought that I had wasted my money though because the flowers were wilted after a week.

So basically try and make the process as natural as possible, knowing that some day your efforts will be rewarded Things will not always go smoothly, but if you prepare while she is away, it will make her transition and yours a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment